Saturday, May 07, 2005

The one where he had a blast from the past...

So I sit down to watch "moving out", a musical, which was really kind of a ballet, using only billy joel songs (it was awesome, btw), and guess who sits down right next to me? My first and third grade teacher! (same person, 2 grades) She was so surprised to see me, and I her - it was pretty freaking cool. She hasn't changed a bit, but of course I have a bit since i was like 6 or so. It was really good to see her and reminise (sp? yeah, i'm just that lazy that I will write a sentence about how I don't know how it's spelled, but I can't "dictionary.com" it) about stuff from the past. As I looked around, I also saw this one girl I had this giant crush on in middle school - I won't name any names, but that certainly brought back memories as well. Nothing like being awkward in 8th grade sitting in front of your crush, passing papers back to her, and trying to be "cool" about it. I was so uncool it's not even funny. Anyway, who cares - i'm so cool now, it's not even funny.

hahah.

Today I did laundry. A lot of laundry. Like my mom told me she wasn't sure she's ever seen that many clothes in the same washer ever before. It took like an hour and a half to get them all dry too. Not very efficient. I still have more to do, but it can wait till next week, where I still have no idea what i'm doing for a job, and therefore will have time leftover. Please call me back, sunglass hut. Woah, I started posting at 11:11. How cool. Is there something you can do at 11:11 like some people do at 4:20? Should i stick 4 fingers in the air? Whooh! [sticking 4 fingers up] "What are you doing matt?" "oh nothing, just celebrating 11 11." That'll be the day.

By the way, moving out was really good. Those dancers, man. Basically, the whole thing is just billy joel songs, with this band playing the whole time, and people dancing below. The dude that played piano/did lead vocals was so good. Sounded just like him.

Anyway, it's almost time for snl / me falling asleep during snl. So i'm gunna go now.

Goodnight Moon.

~mendy

3 comments:

Eric Richie said...

I think you'd be a little older than six in 1st and 3rd grade but hey maybe you were "special", anywho there's a nifty little feature that blogger has... it's called a spell check button, and btw, Good Night Moon is an awesome book

Anonymous said...

I must agree, goodnight moon is an awesome book, as is it's french counter-part bon soir lune (sp?) annnnnd, it's much prettier because it's in french, until next time (insert pretty french phrase here)

Anonymous said...

um yes, movin' out is amazing. simon and i went to see it on broadway last year and fantastic it is. i saw it mothers day here too. hurray!

Blog Archive