Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The one where he got the urge to ride the superman, ride of steel...

Currently, I'm watching Jimmy Kimmel Live. He was interviewing this kid from the show lost - he's like 12 and is currently living in a condo in hawaii. But he'll be moving into a house soon though. *phew* that's good - wouldn't want to be living in a condo in hawaii the rest of your life. Anyway, onto the ride of steel thing. He said that he was looking forward to going to six flags, and to ride the superman ride, because he's tall enough to ride now. I mean, odds are, the superman ride he's talking about is the one that shoots these people down a track like a bullet, and then it makes a sharp turn vertical, and let's them drop weightless for a few seconds. It sounds hot - but the superman i'm talking about is just a normal roller coaster, but it's like 10x cooler than any other one i've been on. It's fast, and it makes you weightless, and oh man - when they turn those misters on, the water droplets hit your face like you're flying through a cloud, JUST LIKE SUPERMAN!

[*little kid moment over*]

I went to the mall today and grabbed an application at the sunglass hut. I guess they really need someone at the marketplace store - that'd really be hot. Sunglasses are hot. Getting paid is hot. Getting paid, selling sunglasses would be cool.

Let it be known, that the previous statements i just made reminded me of a george carlin quote with respect to prostitution:

"I don't get it. Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal?"


I also watched 3 straight episodes of the o.c. today - I've really been slacking off lately. They've also been really good lately. And by really good, I mean really messed up. Everyone seems to be wanting to screw everyone else -- mothers, daughters, fathers, grandfathers, surrogate sons, surrogate brothers, sisters -- OH MY GOD, what messed up writers. I love it.

Mr. MozillaFirefoxWeatherExtention tells me that it's not going to rain for the next few days, so it's ok to wash my car. I think that's what I'll do tomorrow. Wow, i'm boring - everyone reading right now, slap yourself for making it this far.

~Deputy Governor Danforth

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all right, well, after slapping myself i decided to comment.

reading your entry made me want to go to darien lake REALLY f'n badly. i definitely need a superman/skycoaster fix. i think once i'm through with my 6-week "vacation" we should get tony's ass (and anyone else's ass, for that matter) up here so we can go and make a day of it. woot!

Anonymous said...

the superman ride at six flags is one of those roller coasters where you lay down and its like you fly, on your stomach. you can put your arms out in front of you if you're cool. and that kid will never ride it- the line is always 2 hours long. i'm tall enough to ride it, fyi. - grace
p.s. i'm bored.

Matt said...

sarah - good call on the ass getting up here dealyo - He got a good helping of seabreeze, but the serving size at darien lake is much bigger.


Oh, and grace - i forgot about that ride thingy - is it cool? worth it at all? here here to being bored.

Anonymous said...

i'd love to hit up darien lake, just as soon as i get time off from work... and i'll do that just as soon as i get a job. in response to that kid who is living in a house in hawaii, i feel for that kid, having a mortgage at 12 i can't even imagine the pain, nothing like getting your credit started early eh? that's all from me for tonight, good night, good luck and good news

Blog Archive