Friday, April 29, 2005

The one where it was almost over...

It's almost over everyone. That's right - sophomore year at pitt. It's time to be all nostalgic and sad - well - not yet. I still have one test. The life and times of shakespeare, aristotle, the feminist movement, the realist movement, the non-realist movement, musicals, post-war plays, the african american theater movement. Aka - Intro to Theater. Why oh why didn't I take intro to performance? It's so much easier! You don't have to "learn" anything from a book. Grrr.... - it's over now though.

It's weird that I'm dreading packing my shit up more than I'm dreading this final. I really don't want to do it. 2 reasons. 1) I actually have to put my shit in some sort of order and pack it into my car. 2) It means that it's actually over, and I have to leave. But - there is some consolation. I can procrastinate as long as I want, as long as i'm outahere by 12 noon on sunday. Which is probably when i'll end up leaving. I just want to hang out and chill for a bit. Visit with some people and enjoy just being done.

Things are certainly going to be different this summer. As some of you know, me and amanda broke up a little while ago. And I used to spend a crapload of time with her (not that it's a bad thing amanda, if you're reading this) - but I'm gunna have to find other things to do with my time. I'll be working for MyComputerGuy (www.mcguy.com - if you know anyone who needs computer work, freaking call me - dirt cheap compared to a lot of people) - but because it's so inexpensive, that means I won't be making too much money fixing a computer here or there. So i'm thinking i should grab another job somewhere - gotta find somewhere extremly part time and flexible, or only during the day, and flexible. Who knows - i'll find something.

So as much as I don't want to leave as things of uncertainty are in the future (job / what to do with myself), I really want to go home so that next semester will come around quicker. I'm quite dissapointed that I've made such good friends with people only as of recent. So i'm really eager to get to know them better. Ya know who ya are - Anyway. I'm tired. And that final is not going to go away. So I'd better grab a few hours and wake up to study. Not quite as early as someone I know who is only getting 4 hours tonight - you're crazy!

Good morning! And If I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

~Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww matthew... getting all sentimental! im jealous that you're done after one final. want to take mine for me? and you're summer will be fine... you'll have lots of time to do nothing or have fun and wont have to worry about driving back and forth to amandas :) enjoy!

Blog Archive