Friday, April 15, 2005

The one where he saw them taking pictures...

So I'm sitting outside the cathedral, on the lawn, on the Heinz Chapel side of it. And as I get up to walk towards the quad, I see these people taking pictures of the cathedral. One guy takes one, and other guy takes another, and then they switch their positions to get an "oh so different" angle of the great building to put in their scrapbooks. Do you have any idea how many people have taken pictures of the cathedral? It's nuts. When I visited pitt, I'm sure I took a picture of it. Alex, before we left for the pends retreat, saw a nice shot of the "tower of terror" and took it. It's beautiful. But here's what I propose:

Being that there have probably been about 1,000,000 pictures of the cathedral taken over the time of it's being erected, and about 3/4 of them being digital, why don't we upload them all to a big picture database website. We could call it "cathedraloflearningpics.com" or something. So there'd be like 750,000 pictures of the cathedral on there, all from different locations, different times of year, different times of day, different weather conditions. It'd be great! And nobody would even have to bother with taking their own. Man, I'm a genious.

So I feel really good about myself lately. Things seem to be going pretty well for me. I mean, not with like school. Not that it's going bad, it's just not going amazzing. But I mean, I'm just feeling really good about stuff. So whatever the people in my life (all of you reading this) are doing, keep doing it, because i'm feeling great. My friends from home, my pitt friends, my pendufriends, my new found friends - you know who you are ;) My new "chill the fuck out" slogan is really working well. Thanks to you guys. I appreciate it.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Feel good session over
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I'm tapped for anything else I really wanna publish right now. Anyway, have a good one everyone - peace out my homiez.

~mendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone's sounding downright emo... err... umm... not that it's a bad thing. But better watch yourself you could take my title of emo kid away from me. And if you love pictures of the cathedral there's an exhibit (or at least there was when I came to visit Pitt) in alumni somewhere of 365 pictures, 1 each day from a different angle for an entire year.

PS I don't think I've ever taken a picture of the cathedral...

Anonymous said...

yay for the feel good attitude...i like the new "chill the fuck out" you very much as well...just keep it up for christ's sake!

ok, now back to playing with my sudden plethora of computers!

Anonymous said...

matthew - i think that you may be a genius, but you need to learn how to spell. but thats ok, you're still fun anyways :)
love rachel.
and simon.

Blog Archive