Thursday, September 08, 2005

The one where he figured 84 posts is enough to stop using the "the one where" heading...

Yeah guys, I'm getting sick of it. Every time you look at my profile, all you read is that "the one where" part, think to yourself "wow mendick's stupid," and move on. I've had enough. So, for the 85th post, I shall retire "the one where he..." R.I.P. silly friends title scheme.

I'm listening to something very weird. A bunch of months ago (probably like 6 or so), I got a wired magazine issue in the mail that had a free CD in it - it was called Rip, Sample, Mash, Share. It's filled with weird music that you've probably never heard of, nor will you ever hear of again if you don't listen to this cd. But the interesting thing about it, is that all of the music carries a copyright license that allows you to either take whatever you want from the song and do whatever you want with it (sample it, mix it, whatever) and then share it as your own, or in some cases you have to give the original artist credit. Either way, it's kinda cool that they are just kinda giving it away. Not that I would actually want to, or have the ability to do any of that, but i just think it's kinda cool.

I'm sitting outside the information science building, waiting to go into my class. Now, the reason i'm here so early is because of this:

So i show up to class at just about 2:00. I hop into the room, and look around a little bit, and see like one familiar face, and a big fat guy talking at the front of the room. I'm like, "um, maybe there's a guest speaker... but um, is there a guest class too?" So i bust out the computer, look at my schedule, and see that i'm a half hour early. And i was too embarassed to just leave the class, and go elsewhere, so i just stayed and listened for 10 minutes to what he had to say. Fun stuff huh? What would you have done - i want to know: would you have left and looked like an idiot, or would you have stayed and passed it off on being really, really late for the class?

2 comments:

Eric Richie said...

as someone who never watched friends I can honestly say that I had no idea that you names your posts like friends until you told me that, and yes, I have gone to class way too early, normal I don't walk into the room in the first place if it doesn't look right, I'd rather be the idiot that walks up and down the hall figuring out if it's the right room or not than the guy who walks in at the end of the wrong class, way to be that guy, the one time I actually did sit in the wrong class I left and looked like the fool

Anonymous said...

oh, totally would have walked right back out. but yeah, i normally don't just waltz into the room until i'm sure i'm supposed to be there. oh well.

in other news, i got to be a chromasome today. that was exciting. apparently fun-noodles are good model of DNA division. who knew?

tickle your wrist with a straight edge razor
or buy you a beer with a draino chaser
or drop you in the river with a rock...

a big ass rock!

Blog Archive