Saturday, June 25, 2005

The one where he should have been sleeping....

I should really be sleeping. But, i promised claire i'd blog yesterday, and um, i didn't (minus 300 points) and so i need to try to redeem myself and blog now. I've been falling asleep all day and night. (ok, so the night part doesn't sound so bad, but it was like, early evening - like 8 o'clock, and my girlfriend was there - what the heck) - I need sleep. I have almost mastered the art of sleeping while standing up, which is nice because i stand the entire day. Today was really hectic. Here's an example of today's events:

[i'm at the county clerk's office across the street from my company's office]
*cell phone rings*
me - "hello?"
adam - "hey matt - do you have 347 wharfield rd?"
me - "um... hold on let me check"
adam - "alright"
me - "uh no dude, i don't see it anywhere"
adam - "alright, put that on top and make sure it goes on record asap"
me - "but adam, i don't have it here"
adam - "yeah, give sharon a call right away when it goes on ok? thanks!"
*click* - he hung up

so i'm standing there "wtf"ing to myself, and i get another phone call:

me - "hello?"
adam - "mingya fucking lady - she was standing right there next to me"
me - "oh you mean you have the closing?"
adam - "yeah, it's right here - she walked in with some big shot from the corporate office and i had to hide it under my arms so she wouldn't see it"
me - "so you were lying your ass off the whole time"
adam - "fuck yeah dude, she was scary"


and now, i would like to give a quick shout-out to my happiness! thanks for being there for me! you've been great! what's that? someone sent you? cl.... what? ohhhhhh good call ;)

wow, sorry - cheesy, and you probably all get it, and i wasn't being very coy, but that's ok - i don't give a rat's ass.

and neither does "amber"

look, as i stated earlier, i should be sleeping.

"woa-ho, smell ya later" - everyone loves the fresh prince of bel air

4 comments:

Eric Richie said...

that makes 2 of us...

mendick, get some fucking sleep before you post next time so maybe then we can follow a little better

Anonymous said...

i'm with steve (and eric)...wtf mate?

Tony said...

yeah none of us get it

Matt said...

Oh i see - right, sleep.

basically what happened was my "boss" had to make it look like to someone standing next to him that i was doing what the person standing next to him wanted to do, but the lying part is that the file that they wanted me to "process", if you will, was in his hands, not completed. but i didn't have a clue, cause i didn't have the file. screw you all for not being able to read into that.

Blog Archive