Monday, December 12, 2005

schtuff

The other day, I was doing a bit of "independent thinking" - I was daydreaming. And I was thinking about wiki's (think wikipedia, and how you can edit whatever you want) and how useful they would be for a group project. Instead of passing versions of the same document around, and having people rename it when they do change it, and then reposting it again, or emailing it out again, why not have the document in a single location and have people go to it to change it? Damn good idea if I do say so myself. So then I got to thinking, "Maybe I could create a website that lets people post whatever they want to it, and lets other users (everyone or just restricted users) change it and do work on it." Then I also got to thinking, "Someone's probably already done that." So I googled "free wiki" and I found www.schtuff.com. Great site. It lets you post whatever you want, under different "spaces" and then whoever looks at that site can click the "edit" button, and edit that document however he/she sees fit. It'll make a site like this: http://whateveryouwanttocallit.schtuff.com. So remember schtuff.com next time you're doing a group project, or something that needs to be collaborated on from afar. Again, good luck with finals. Also, check out caribou coffee in oakland, on forbes ave, across from starbucks, in the old cricket wireless building. Great coffee. Oh, and Peter works there too.

Oh, I made a test wiki for this btw - http://mostlyramblings.schtuff.com

go edit it - defile my space, I don't care - it'll be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which you let people do already ; )

Matt said...

I will actually have to disagree with ya there stevo - You can make the wiki private, and open it up only to those users that you select. But the way I have it right now, that's not so hot. anyway thanks for checkin it out though

Blog Archive