Thursday, June 16, 2005

The one where he freaked out...

So as I sat today, my ass numb from sitting for too long, and my scanner squeaking too much because the rollers and pins inside are overused, i longed to surf the internet. I couldn't though, for fear of getting in trouble. So, i sat back, and thought of other things. And this is one of them:

All of a sudden, while scanning somebody's xeroxed death certificate, i looked up, and realized where i was. to be honest, i got really scared for a second. i looked up, and saw the walls, and "imagined" walking through them, to the outer wall, and outside the outer wall, is a nasty alley, wet with the fog and mist that had been blanketing rochester all day, and dirty with cigarette buts of years gone by, and homeless people asking for money and looking as sad as I've ever seen another human being. I think about how far, distance wise, i was from home, and from my comforting bed, and even farther away from all the people i love, and care about. it freaked me out for just that one second, the one instance in time, and then everything went back to normal. it was so strange. it's not the first time that's happened to me. other than this morning, it also happened a few times when i was at school. just a quick realization of reality.

In other news, as i was leaving circuit city, with the 4th router that i own in my hands, i drove past a man walking through the parking lot - i should say, along the road that feads the parking lot, with a ceramic bowl in his hand (a big fucking bowl) and a spoon, consuming whatever was in the bowl. I was imagining potato salad, but that's just because i was in the mood for potato salad at the time. currently, i'm full, and can imagine several different things he could have been eating - beans, peas, soup (probably not - big bowl + soup + walking = splish splash) - or perhaps he was eating lasagna from the bowl, that had been previously cooked and then transferred into the bowl, because everyone knows you can't cook lasagna in a ceramic bowl of that size.

I have a rotting coconut on my desk. With a little umbrella in it too. How tropical.

1 comment:

Eric Richie said...

dude, are you on drugs?

Blog Archive